2. Do the following:
- a. Visit a bank. Talk with one of the officers or staff. Chart the organization of the bank. Show its relationship with other banks, business and industry.
3. Do the following:
- b. Pretend to have bought $1,000 worth of the stocks from the company you wrote to in requirement 3a. Explain how you “bought” the stocks. Tell why you decided to “buy” stock in this company. Keep a weekly record for three months of the market value of your stocks. Show any dividends declared.
5. Run a small business involving a product or service for at least three months. First find out the need for it. For example: a newspaper route, lawn mowing, sales of things you have made or grown. Keep records showing the costs, income, and profit or loss. Report:
- a. How service, friendliness, hard work, and salesmanship helped build your business.
- b. The benefits you and others received because you were in business.
NOTE: Comparable 4-H, FFA, or Junior Achievement projects may be used for requirement 5.